Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunscreen



I awoke about four a.m. this morning to see what I think must have been a satellite tumbling it's way in the darkness across my view from the bedroom. Photos of them remind me of the game 'Jacks' I sometimes played as a child.

I laid there and thought about them, those many satelllites... how they traverse our world, from miles up; sending signals to make the electronics of our world work. What would we be without those spinning machines... catching and shooting information? So many of us who can look up and see in the dark, have no idea that they are anything but stars.

But, I know.

Stars are better.

I got out of bed around five and sat at the computer. That seat has a southeastern view, and soon enough rose a Fingernail Moon, with just a few stars to enhance it. It was all wrapped in blue.

And after that? The sun threatened, but nature won out.

This morning, he had to rise from behind a screen.

3 comments:

  1. Just a lovely vignette. A really nice bit of writing. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Grizz. That means a lot coming from you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo. Love the colors.

    Your' right mostly we just think stars. I rarely even remember satellites or think of messages floating in space. It's like they have a life of their own and yet they are a replica of us. They are us. If our earth explodes will our voices still live on out there in space? Without man to keep the satellites will they simple tumble from space...thus our voices being forever silenced. Gee...I hope some of us would get away. If our voices stay in space maybe that will be the new form of life and mankind will become immortal.

    I've heard that some talking birds have a life span of over 60 years so if mankind disappeared (like the Mayan's)did. The human voice would live on as long as the talking birds did...and if the birds taught the new birds born to them that could mean mankinds voice could be heard forever. I wonder if other life would live if we died off. Cool and eerie at the same time,huh?

    WOW!! My mind does wander off on me doesn't it? No wonder I have such vivid wild dreams.

    I told Richelle a while ago that I had a dream last night that her and I were in the woods somewhere up north and I was bugging her to show me her hidden blueberry bush stash...She says to me...there you go again Mom. I just bought some blueberries yesterday. She thinks I have esp.

    Love you girl. Jolie

    ReplyDelete