Saturday, January 22, 2011

Over It... And then, I'm Getting Over It



I am officially tired of the cold. And the ice. Especially the ice. And I'm tired of not being able to run Meander because of the cold and the rough ice that tears his pads. I'm tired of adding an extra ten minutes to my morning commute in order to put on layers and layers of clothes, and worrying if my tires are sagging and if I can get down the back stairs without breaking my arm again.

Paul, a cashier at work tells me that January 28th will be the first day of the year that the sun sets after 5 p.m. I think this may call for cocktails.

............................
............................

I'm selling the Jeep. It's no big thing, as I've never been big on it to begin with. That was Jay's deal.

I remember buying it, which amazes me. I was in such a state of depression and my Tracker had problems and no matter who I took it to, no two people could agree on what was wrong. I sat there, knowing nothing about cars, buying them, etc. and just let what happened happen. Four hundred, thirty five dollars a month later.... I found out something. Asking Jay for his help was really asking for harm and I've been paying ever since.

So, I'm getting a Hearse (a Chevy HHR) which I think is appropriate. Something should carry me with fanfare out of this life I'm living and into the next one. It's cherry red, so the future should be able to see me coming and make allowances.

.............

I hate it when good people leave. Todd and Rachel left today, I would show pictures of them, but my iPhoto's have disappeared (yet, another story). For those of you who read me (all of two), Todd is the set designer who won a Tony.

Todd has lived here for 8 years. He has money and when need be, he's fixed up his place or spruced it up. Bathroom is nasty because there is no ventilation? He fixed it. Walls need painting because of living here for how many years.... THEY won't. He did it. He got the form that said he had to fill in every nail hole, replace every blind (that cost's six bucks at the Lowlife), etc. So, I imagine that by the time moving day (today) came, he was done.

You are ABSOLUTELY, WITHOUT DOUBT, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, NOT SUPPOSED to move out from the front. I woke up this morning to this....


Out of my front window. I tried to take Meander out that way (another no-no, but I do it because the walkway is icy) and I opened my door to a stressed mover with bug eyes holding an entertainment center. I shut the door and took my chances on the ice.

But, I went to work and came home.... and they are gone.

Keith used to talk about the 'Spirit of Place'. It had more to do with natural occurrences that might create vortexes... as I remember it.

I think that some people can do that.,, create powerful places that hesitate to vanish when the impetus is gone.

When I got home and walked up the interior steps, there was a deep hum coming from Todd's old place. I stood and listened, having never heard it before. I imagine it was his Spirit of Place winding down and preparing to go elsewhere.

3 comments:

  1. Such a place of transition you are in...I have such faith that it will all lead to wonderful things for you, Meander and your friends. Carmon

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all leave our mark even if we can't see it at the time. Water people seem to be surrounded in powerful vortexes. Makes one wonder what is in the deep that draws certain people in.

    Soon it will be your time to move one too and then you will be able to see what has changed in you. Lessons learned and lessons shared.

    J-

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is a Chevy HHR...like a station wagon? Glad you are getting rid of the expensive Jeep. Why bog yourself down if you don't have to. Red...my favorite color and yep people will see you coming. (S)

    I have officially been over the cold and the ice for like 40 years now. Time you caught up. TeeHeeHee...Love you Robin...J-

    ReplyDelete